Do you want more energy? Have you ever heard the phrase, "it takes money to make money"? Well, "it takes energy to get energy". I'm referring to the energy that many of you so desperately want but that seems to be sucked away like lint into a vacuum cleaner. There's a way for you to regain the energy that all of us are born with. You know, like the energy you get when you land a new job or feel the sun on the first day of summer or even the energy you get after a great workout. We are all born with it, you just have to bring yours out!
One of the things that's consistent when people describe me is my "great energy". Most of the time I wake up with "great energy" but I during the day, I actively seek to bring it out of myself, and not solely through exercise. You can do that too you know. One of the first steps is to change your attitude, which I'm sure you've heard before. Which, if that's true, you could be missing out on something great. I'm here to tell you that you are. You can actively work towards attracting more positive energy into your life, daily. Below I've listed a few of the things I do:
1. On a day when you feel amazing, or at your best, write down a few of the things you've done that you're proud of. That's it. Here's the objective. Read and reflect on your list when you're having a bad, low energy day. Sometimes when you're in a "funk", it's hard to remember the good stuff. Having your list handy should make it easier!
2. Say "good morning, how are you?", with a smile on your face, to at least 5 people and mean it. Look them in the eye when you say it and wait for a response! Reply to whatever their answer is. For example; someone may answer, "I'm ok, I'm tired today", you could reply "well, sounds like you got a lot done the day before". See what happens when you reply, I make friends almost daily doing this! Give it a try!
3. Write down 3 -5 things you enjoy, that will in most cases, give you energy. For me, it's video editing, organizing photos, watching NBC’s The Voice (tv shows can bring you joy!), reading self-help books, or calling a friend that I KNOW will have something interesting to share. Write them down and keep those things together in a bowl. When you need a spark of energy, reach into the bowl and go after your energy!!
4. Shake your routine up periodically. If you always drive a certain way to work, take a different route or take public transportation. Or if you always exercise in the morning, workout in the evening. Whatever it is, change one thing and see what happens, paying close attention to how it makes you feel. Variety is the spice of life!
5. Live your life with passion. Dig deep. What are you passionate about? Is it feeding the homeless, singing, sewing, teaching young people, volunteering? I enjoy volunteering, especially with the Special Olympics. They have several opportunities I take advantage of. But whatever your passion, find time once a month to express it. When you help others, you become energized and full of positive emotions!
Try any one or all of these things and let me know how they work for you. Feel free to also leave a comment below with some of the things you do for more energy!
Yours in energy,
Having energy is hard to come by. That's if you don't actively work towards it. Let today be the day you start to change.